Guys, I have fallen in love with these tacos. Why?
Well, first of all, they’re full of all the good stuff. And by good stuff I mean, soft crispy Cajun baked sweet potatoes, sauteed black beans & onions, fresh arugula, and an incredibly delicious and flavorful 6 ingredient creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce.
On top of that, you can enjoy some amazing nutritional benefits! Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins A and B6, while black bean provide fiber and protein.
Start out with baking your sweet potatoes, so they have time to cook while you prepare the rest. I love seasoning them with a wide variety of spices, including cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar.
I’m in love with how these sweet potatoes turned out! These are great even on their own, as a side or snack. They’re simple, flavorful, and (mostly) oil-free.
Next prepare the Avocado Cilantro Sauce. This is a key factor in these tacos–it is SO delicious! All you will need is 6 simple ingredients (as pictured above). Just combine them all in the blender, blend it up and you have your sauce!
Next, saute onions on olive oil along with black beans, corn, and salt!
Finally, heat up your tortillas on the stove top, and stuff them with sweet potatoes, beans, arugula, cilantro, diced avocado, tomato, and generously drizzle in some Avocado Cilantro sauce. That’s all there is to it!
These make a wonderful lunch or dinner to enjoy with family or friends. They’re simple, delicious, vegan, gluten-free, and packed with amazing flavors!
I would love to know if you try this recipe. Feel free to leave a comment, rate the recipe, and tag your photo @wholesomesoybean on Instagram so I can see!
Happy Cooking, friends!! xx
- For sweet potatoes:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon of each: salt, garlic powder, cayenne, cumin, paprika, & pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-natural cane sugar
- Avocado Cilantro Sauce:
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- squeeze of lime (to taste)
- ¼ cup water (+ more to thin)
- generous pinch of each, salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup frozen corn (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For serving:
- 6 corn tortillas
- fresh arugula
- diced avocado
- finely chopped tomato
- chili lime seasoning
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut sweet potatoes into roughly 2" long wedges and transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet. Add spices, and sugar and toss to coat. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, till potatoes are soft on the inside with slightly crispy edges.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend till a creamy sauce forms. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Next, prepare beans: Heat oil on a medium-sized pan. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add black beans, corn (optional), and salt. Cook for another few minutes on medium heat till hot.
- To prepare tortillas, heat a pan and grease with cooking spray. Lay tortillas on the pan (about 3 at a time) and cook till both sides are slightly crispy.
- To assemble tacos, fill each tortilla with beans, a few pieces or sweet potato, arugula, diced avocado, tomato, and cilantro. Generously drizzle in the avocado cilantro sauce and enjoy when fresh!