Hey everyone!! So as you can see, I’m changing it up. This is a different kind of post that I’ve been wanting to do for a while. Today I’m going to share three very simple and affordable vegan breakfast recipes/ideas that each cost less than $2 to make
The exact cost depends on your location and where you shop, so this is just an estimate! Most of my ingredients were purchased from Trader Joe’s and WinCo, as the stores are convenient for me and have fairly good prices. If this is an option, I would recommend buying food in bulk as it can keep your costs down.
Anyways, lets get into the recipes!!
PEANUT BUTTER BANANA WRAPS
The first breakfast idea I want to share is these ‘Peanut Butter Banana Wraps’. I recently discovered these and had to share with you. They are super simple, sweet, and satisfying!!
- 2 Vegan Whole wheat tortilla (75 cents)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (26 cents)
- 2 large bananas (38 cents)
- Optional: drizzle of agave!
- Spread a large spoonful (about a tablespoon) or peanut butter on each tortilla.
- Peel your bananas and roll them very tightly inside each tortilla, leaving the ends open.
- There are two options: Cut into 1” bite sized pieces OR Slice in half and cook on a dry pan on low/medium heat till the tortilla is golden and crispy! (I recommend eating these right after making them!
- Enjoy immediately!
Yeah I know, I make this stuff all the time and you’ve probably seen it all over my Instagram…but let’s be real..it never gets old!! Nice cream is such an easy, delicious, and healthful treat. In fact, I recently discovered this new variation that I’m sure you will love:)
Ingredients: (makes 1 large serving)
- 3 large frozen bananas (57 cents)*
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple tidbits (33 cents)*
- 1 peeled orange (50 cents)
- Sprinkle of coconut chips (10 cents)*
- Optional (for looks): Microwave 1/4 cup frozen berries for a minute and stir juice/vibrant liquid into nice cream!
- Finely chop frozen bananas. (this makes it easier for your blender to process)
- Add chopped banana, pineapple, and orange to blender.
- Blend till completely smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to bowl, top with coconut chips (and other desired toppings) and enjoy immediately!!
*I bought my bananas, frozen pineapple tidbits, and coconut chips at Trader Joe’s.
Last, but not least…pancakes!! I have actually have made similar recipes in the past (here & here) ,but I just had to include these pancakes into today’s post! These guys are gluten free, vegan, oil free, and only require 5 ingredients!
Ingredients: (makes 3-4 pancakes)
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats (50 cents)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (9 cents)*
- 1 cup water (0.06 cents)
- 2 tablespoons agave (41 cents)*
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips* (27 cents)
- Optional: Top with agave & extra fruit!
- In a high speed blender or food processor, process oats till they become a fine flour.
- Transfer to medium sized bowl and whisk in baking powder.
- Add water, agave, and whisk well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat medium sized pan and spray with coconut oil.
- On medium/low heat, scoop batter in 1/3 cup increments onto your pan and flip when bubbles start coming though and till both sides are golden brown.
*I bought my chocolate chips, agave, and baking powder at Trader Joe’s.
I hope you all enjoy these breakfast ideas and try them out. Turns out you can make all three for just about $4!! Plus, they’re all vegan, low in fat, wholesome, and quick. If you enjoyed this sort of post, be sure to let me know in the comments!