Hello friends, how’s it going? I’ve been pretty busy and I’m guessing you are as well. Today’s post is inspired by my lack of time to cook and obsession with keeping my meals quite simple, yet very wholesome and delish. This recipe only took me about 15 minutes to make and requires only a few simple, inexpensive ingredients. Plus, it’s vegan (duhh) & gluten free!!
My family and I loved this big ole’ plate of goodness & I’m sure you will as well. It’s:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you try it out, be sure to rate it, comment, and share your photo on Instagram @wholesomesoybean so I can see!!
- 1 16oz block of firm tofu (drained, patted dry, and cut into 1” cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups green beans (chopped into 2” pieces)
- 3 cups cooked jasmine Rice (about 1.5 cups uncooked)
- For the Curry Sauce:
- 3/4 cups full fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- chopped peanuts
- chopped cilantro
- Cook 1 1/2-2 cups jasmine rice according to the package. I used a rice cooker which took only about 15 minutes!
- Heat a medium pan on stove top. Ina large mug, whisk together all ingredients for ‘The Curry Sauce’. Pour into heated pan and whisk on medium heat for about a minute.
- Cut tofu into 1” cubes and chop green beans into 2” pieces. Add to pan and cover for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until green beans are fully cooked.
- Serve on a bed of rice (and/or some greens) and top with chopped peanuts and cilantro! Enjoy!!