Welcome to Wholesome Soybean and thanks for stopping by! I’m SUPER excited to start sharing my recipes with you. This blog has been on my wishlist for a while, and now that it’s up, recipe ideas are constantly buzzing through my head. I hope you enjoy plant based cooking as much as I do, because that will only make things more fun!
You will love this recipe. Not only because it is crazy delicious, but because it:
-is completely plant based
-has a gluten free option
-will cost you about 5 dollars in groceries “YAY”
-only requires 10 ingredients
-is loaded with health benefits
PLUS, these are amazingly nutritious! They’re packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins to fuel your day! Not to mention…tumeric not only adds vibrant energizing colors, but its anti-inflammatory powers
Let’s keep in touch! I’d love to know if you try this recipe and what you think. Comments and ratings are appreciated, or tag your photos @wholesomesoybean on Instagram!
Hope you enjoy this recipe, and come back soon for more!
- For Falafel:
- 1/2 cup onion,diced
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2″ peices
- 1 teaspoon tumeric, cumin, salt and pepper
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans ,rinsed well
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts*
- 1/2 cup oat flour, or any kind
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumb, for coating**
- For Serving:
- Pita bread
- Romaine lettuce
- Cashew bits
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a medium pan
- Sautee onion, celery, and spices till onions are goldent, and stirring occasionally, and add beans. This should take from 5-10 mintues.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, and add to food processor along with peanuts and corn.
- Blend until a chunky dough is formed. Transfer to a large bowl, and fully incorporate flour. Your dough should be thick and ready to roll.
- Depending on the size you want, take dough and form a ball. Coat in bread crumbs.
- They are ready to fry! On heated pan with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, fry falafel, while rolling them around frequently. Add oil if needed. Keep rolling them around the pan for about 15 minutes, or until they are evenly golden brown and firmer.
- When done cooking, transfer to a paper towel to absorb some of the oil. These are best fresh, but f you have leftovers, you can always reheat them on the pan. When you are ready, enjoy your falafel on pita with fresh vegetables, make a lettuce wrap, or enjoy on a salad. There are many possibilities with these!