GUYS. Thanks giving is only 4 days away! (at least for us U.S.A. folks)
Are you going to be cooking? Are you planning your meal yet?
Whether you’ll be cooking for a crowd or enjoying your night at home, I think this recipe will come in handy!!
It’s especially perfect when you’re cooking for a larger group, because it’s vegan, gluten-free, and can easily be nut-free as well.
What I love about apple crisp, is how simple it is. It’s like pie, but extra easy, and in my opinion, better.
You’ll begin by preparing your filling: just chop up your apples, then coating them with some sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and spices. This combo results in your apples coated in a flavorful caramel-like sauce.
Then, transfer your filling to a baking tin, mix together your crumble, and pour it over your apples. After it’s finished baking, all you have to do is serve it up and enjoy!
Also, in case you’re searching for a few other vegan autumn-inspired sweets, feel free to give these a shot:
I am so pleased with how this turned out & am super excited to be sharing the recipe with you. It’s:
&perfect for the holidays!!
I can’t explain how delicious it is. Just imagine soft, warm apples in a sweet cinnamon caramel-like sauce, all under a bed of a crispy oat crumble…
Anyways, I would love to know how you enjoy the recipe!! Be sure to leave a comment, rate the recipe, and tag your photo @wholesomesoybean on Instagram so I can see!
Happy Autumn, Friends! xx
- 8 red apples (cored & thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 6 tablespoons all-natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats (ground finely in a food processor)
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 6 tablespoon vegan butter (I used ‘Smart Balance’ brand)
- 1/4 cup all-natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted vegan butter (or sub coconut oil)
- optional: 1/4 cup coconut chips
- optional: 1.4 cup chopped nuts of choice
- For Serving:
- Vanilla Nice Cream (3 cups frozen banana chunks blended in food processor) OR
- Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash, core, and cut apples into thin slices. (as pictured)
- Add to large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients for the filling. Mix well until apples are evenly coated.
- Transfer to an 11×7″ baking dish coated with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Rinse, and wipe out your mixing bowl and add all topping ingredients for the topping. Mix well and pour over apples in an even layer.
- Baker for approximately 35 minutes (uncovered) until filling is bubbly and apples are soft and fork tender.
- Let rest at least 15 minutes before serving & enjoy with Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream or Vegan Whipped Topping!!