Sometime you just need a simple, healthy salad. No oil, nothing processed, all wholesome and fresh. This ‘Thai Kale Salad with Crispy Tofu’ is what I’m taking about. By the way, does anyone else find ultimate comfort in ginger peanut sauce? I literally put the stuff on everything; salads, spring rolls, and wraps…(the list goes on)
What’s handy about this salad is that it’s a meal. It’s got, rice (for carbs), tofu (for protein), and veg!! You can take it on the go or enjoy it at home.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!! It’s:
If you try it out, I’d love to know!! Tag your photo @wholesomesoybean on Instagram, comment, and rate the recipe!!
- 3 cups chopped kale (without stems)
- ½ large red bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup chopped green beans
- 1 block extra firm tofu (14-16oz)
- Any other veggies of your choice!!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- TOFU MARINADE:
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
- Chopped cashews or peanuts
- Sesame Seeds
- Heat medium pan on stove top and spray with coconut oil. Cube tofu and add to pan. Cook till evenly golden and crispy on all sides.
- Mean while, wash kale, remove stems, and chop finely. Measure 3 cups and add to bowl. Add 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce to kale and massage with hands to soften. In a small bowl combine 'dressing' ingredients and mix well. Add dressing and the rest of veggies to kale. When the tofu is done, mix together 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce and 1 tablespoon peanut butter for the tofu marinade. Coat tofu in this mixture and the add the tofu to the salad. Serve with warm brown rice and garnish with sesame seeds and /or chopped nuts. Enjoy!!