We all need that recipe we can take to parties/get-togethers when we want to impress our non-vegan friends.
It took me a while to find that recipe, but folks, this is it.
No, it’s not oil free, whole wheat, or sweetened with dates, it’s a vegan version of the classic chocolate chip cookies everyone loves.
To be honest, I have a history of failing at making cookies. Even prior to being vegan, whenever I would make cookies, they would be too fluffy, cakey, burnt, and everything you don’t want in a cookie. Until now.
I was literally jumping up and down in the kitchen when these came out of the oven.
Oh, those nice crisp edges and chewy center… I must admit, these are the best cookies I have ever made.
Seriously though, a bunch of my non-vegan friends tried these and no one could tell they were vegan!! Honestly, why would they?? We have vegan butter in place of dairy butter, and flax eggs instead of chicken’s eggs
Anyways, I hope you enjoy this recipe and impress your friends with it. Go show them how bomb vegan food is!
If you make the recipe, definitely leave a comment, rate the recipe, and tag your photo @wholesomesoybean on Instagram! (it makes my day to see all your creations!!)
Happy baking, friends!! xx
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl whisk flax seed with water and let sit.
- In a medium bowl, combine vegan butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and flax/water mixture and beat with hand mixture for about 2 minutes till it is fully blended and creamy.
- Mix in the salt, baking powder, and about half the flour. Then add the rest of the flour. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Lay parchment paper on (or grease) a large baking pan. In heaping 1/4 cup increments scoop the dough onto your pan. ( they should be round and ball-shaped).
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the are golden with slightly crisp edges. Enjoy with your favorite plant-based milk and share with friends!! They are wonderful fresh out of the oven!!