You guys!!! This one is a winner. Mint Chip Ice Cream was my childhood favorite. And I just made it vegan and healthy!! (like healthy enough to be a meal, healthy.) This one is a winner. Seriously though, it only requires 5 simple wholesome ingredients. (plus, the brownie bites!!) Remember those super healthy HCLF no-bake vegan brownie bites?? Yeah, well they’re a must have in this nice cream!!
Don’t be scared away by the spinach. (you can’t taste it at all!!) It’s only in there to get that classic minty green color. You can easily omit it, or use an all natural vegan food dye!.
Once you freeze your bananas this nice cream can be whipped up in just a few minutes. I hope you try it out and enjoy!! If you do, be sure to comment and rate the recipe! Feel free to tag your photo on Instagram @wholesomesoybean. It absolutely makes my day to see what you come up with!!
- ¼-1/2 cup coconut milk* (just enough so it blends, you want it really thick!!)
- ¼ cup spinach**
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- 4 cups frozen banana slices
- ½ cup chocolate chips (crushed into smaller bits)
- 1 batch HCLF vegan brownie bites
- In a blender (or preferably food processor) process spinach and coconut milk till fully liquidized.
- Add in the mint extract and frozen banana and process till i's a smooth icecream consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips, brownie bites and serve immediately. Enjoy!!
**the spinach is simply used as a natural food coloring, (trust me, you can't taste it!!) But you can easily substitute a all natural vegan green food dye!!