Creamy Vegan Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
Rich, creamy Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo made 100% vegan! A flavorful satisfying dish that takes just 20 minutes to prepare.
For the Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb fettuccini pasta
- 3-4 tbsp olive
- 1 lb white button or Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp each, salt & pepper
For the Vegan Parm:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- fresh parsley, chopped
- ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Rinse and drain with cold water.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for Vegan Parm in a high-speed blender and pulse till a parmesan cheese texture is achieved. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. Then, combine sauce ingredients in your blender and mix on highest speed till smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil on a large pan. Add onions & garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes on med/low heat. While consistency mixing, add mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add pasta & sauce and mix till combined. Cook another few minutes, until desired serving temperature.
- Generously top with vegan parm and fresh parsley. Enjoy immediately, or store for 1-2 days in an air-tight container.