Time for another pumpkin recipe!! Last week I shared the first fall-inspired recipe of the year which was Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. This week, it’s Pumpkin Bread! This Vegan Pumpkin Bread is perfect for fall parties, family dinners, Thanksgiving, or to enjoy as a treat along with tea on a chilly day!
This recipe is quite easy to whip up, requiring several simple ingredients! Instead of chicken’s eggs, I love to use flax eggs in baking, which are super simple to make (just flax seed meal and water!) To spice it up and add texture, I threw in some chopped nuts, dried cranberries, rolled oats and vegan chocolate chips!
These can make adorable gifts as well! I found that this recipe fits perfectly into three little 9×5” loaf tins. I ended up wrapping them up in parchment paper and twine, and gave them to friends!!
This Pumpkin Bread is:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I you do, I’d love to know!! Be sure to rate the recipe, leave a comment, and share a photo on Instagram and tag @wholesomesoybean!!
Stay tuned for more fall-inspired recipes!
Cheers, and happy baking!! xx
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup oat flour (oats ground in blender/food processor)
- ¾ cup all natural cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (I bought mine at Trader Joe’s!)
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- Flax eggs:
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- Mix in:
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chopped nuts (walnuts, cashews, almonds,and/or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together water and ground flax seeds in a medium sized bowl and set aside. (These will act as your eggs)
- In a larger bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, and oil to your flax seed mixture and whisk well.
- Pour into dry ingredients and whisk again.
- Mix in dried cranberries, chocolate chips, rolled oats, and chopped nuts.
- Spray loaf pan with coconut oil, scoop batter into pan and top with some more dried cranberries, vegan chocolate chips, rolled oats, and chopped nuts!
- Bake 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool, preferably several hours, or it will be crumbly.