Have any plans for Halloween? Are you going to dress up? Maybe go to a party?
If you’re like me, you plan on hanging out at home in your cozy socks, listening to music, and whipping up a batch of these Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies to enjoy with tea.
Care to join?
To be honest, I haven’t been feeling too excited for the holidays. But with all the vegan foodies on Instagram sharing such beautifully crafted recipes to fit the season, I could’t help but join.
So I sure hope you’re enjoying all fall-inspired recipes. I think this is already my 5th! (plus, more to come….obviously)
What’s great about this recipe, is that it only require one bowl and just about 30 minutes to whip up!! (a.k.a. my kind of recipe)
I’ll be upfront and tell you these aren’t the healthiest as they require vegan butter and a good amount of sugar, but they are a great treat for when looking to please the non-vegan crowd at parties or gatherings. I’ll definitely be sharing more oil-free/hclf/raw vegan recipes soon, as I know many of us (including myself) enjoy eating that way!!
So if you try this sweet little recipe, I would love to know! As always, leave a comment, rate the recipe, and tag your photo @wholesomesoybean on Instagram!
Wishing you a Happy Halloween (whether you be celebrating or not) and a lovely rest of your day!!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I love using Smart Balance)
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together water and ground flax seeds. Let sit for at least 3 minutes. Now, add pumpkin purée, sugar, vegan butter, molasses, and vanilla to your bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high for a few minutes till batter is creamy and fluffy.
- Add baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and flour. Mix well.
- Mix in rolled oats, nuts, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil and transfer batter to pan in 1/3 cup increments.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or till golden and fully baked. Enjoy!!