Best Ever Gluten-free Vegan Brownies
Serves: 15 squares
- 1 ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegan butter (We love Earth Balance & Smart Balance)
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds + ½ cup water (this acts as the egg)
- 1 cup cassava flour + ¼ cup tapioca flour (or sub all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 cup cane sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s brand)
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare flax eggs: In a small bowl, mix together ground flax seeds and water and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat vegan butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in a saucepan while stirring. Once a thick, syrup-like consistency is achieved, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flax eggs and cane sugar. With an electric mixer, blend on highest speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add melted butter and chocolate from sauce pan to mixing bowl, and mix again for about 30 seconds.
- Gently mix in the rest of the ingredients along with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips. Be sure not to over mix.
- Generously grease brownie pan with vegan butter and dust with flour. Spread batter in pan and bake for 40-50 minutes in preheated oven. (bake time can vary depending on the type of brownie tin you use)
- Remove from oven at let cool at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Feel free top with peanut butter as shown in photos above. Enjoy!!