Hello November!! Let’s kick-off the month with these ‘Fall Nourish Bowls’…shall we?
I think ‘Fall Nourish Bowls’ is a pretty accurate name for this recipe. After all, the ingredients; sweet potatoes, rosemary, dried cranberries, and arugula, are all somehow associated with this season (or at least in my mind). Plus, these bowls are quite nourishing. Sweet potatoes and arugula are full of vitamins, chickpeas are packed with protein and fiber, and garlic is an excellent source of vitamin B6 and manganese, and all that good stuff!
To make these, all you’ll need is about 3 dollars and 30 minutes in the kitchen. Pretty simple, yeah?
Start out by gathering you ingredients, and then baking your sweet potatoes and chickpeas. (as pictured!)
Then, prepare your 3-ingredient mustard dressing, (a recent recipe discovery of mine) which I am super excited to be sharing, because it’s suuuuper tasty, oil free, and takes just seconds to prepare!
Within about 20 minutes, your potatoes & chickpeas should be done, then all you have to do is prepare your bowls by filling the bottom with arugula, then loading on your crispy baked chickpeas and sweet potatoes on top! Lastly, drizzle on your mustard dressing and there you go! A simple, hearty, nutritious meal that took just 30 minutes to prepare.
This recipe is definitely a favorite of mine!! I love that it’s:
& takes just 30 minutes to prepare!
If you give this recipe a shot, but sure to rate the recipe, leave a comment, and tag your photo @wholesomesoybean on Instagram! I really appreciate your feedback & love seeing what you cook up!
Happy Cooking, friends!
- To Bake:
- 4 small sweet potatoes; sliced and quartered (90 cents)
- 1 15oz can chickpeas; rinsed and drained (70 cents)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary (10 cents, or FREE if you grow your own!)
- 2 cloves minced garlic (2 cents)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt (2 cents)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (8 cents)
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard (25 cents)
- 1 tablespoon agave (19 cents)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon tahini (optional; adds creaminess)
- 2-3 cups arugula (approx. 70 cents))
- Sliced red onion (optional)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a large bare baking sheet, arrange chopped sweet potatoes on one side, and chickpeas the another. Then, drizzle olive oil on both, and mix in chopped rosemary and minced garlic. Bake for about 20 minutes, till chickpeas are crispy and sweet potatoes are soft and slightly crispy as well.
- Meanwhile, prepare your dressing. In a small bowl or mug, combine mustard, agave, water, and mix with a fork til smooth.
- To serve: Divide arugula between two bowls, and fill the rest of your bowls with your baked chickpeas and sweet potatoes, and top with mustard dressing. Feel free to add some dried cranberries, sliced red onion, and/or fresh rosemary to spice it up! Enjoy!