It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of Asian dishes and flavors. Especially tofu and peanut sauce– both of which are included in this bowl! Can anyone else agree with me that peanut sauce makes every dish 10x better?! (Well, almost.)
These vegan, gluten-free bowls are loaded with fresh arugula, tri-colored quinoa, sauteed mushrooms and crispy tofu + a spicy, 6 ingredient peanut sauce. (the best part)
I love that this recipe only requires a few simple, wholesome ingredients to make (as pictured). It’s packed with vitamins and antioxidants (from the veggies), and protein and fiber (from the quinoa and tofu). With everything put together, it’s a healthy, nutrient-packed meal!
I would love to know if you try these bowls! Feel free to leave a comment, rate the recipe, and tag your photo @wholesomesoybean on Instagram so I can see!
Happy cooking, friends! xx
- 1 dry tri-colored cup quinoa
- 1 14oz block firm tofu
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3-4 cups fresh arugula or spinach
- Chopped cashews to garnish
- Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Wrap tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and put something heavy on it for about 5 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Then, cut into thin square prices and arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. In a small bowl or mug, whisk together all dressing ingredients with a fork. Set aside.
- When the tofu is nearly done baking, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil on a medium sized pan. Add minced garlic, sliced mushrooms, baked tofu, and salt to taste. Cook for about 3 minutes till mushrooms are cooked to your liking.
- To serve, fill the bottom of your bowl with arugula. Then, fill the rest with quinoa, tofu, mushrooms, and top with dressing and chopped cashews! Enjoy!