Crispy chickpeas have always been one of my favorites. In this simple dish, I toasted some chickpeas on olive oil and garlic, seasoned with cumin, paprika tumeric!! Dang, is that the perfect combo! This is all served in a whole wheat tortilla, on a nice bed of fresh vegetables and a simple dill sauce.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe!! It’s:
full of fiber & protein
If you try it out, I’d love to know!! Tag your photo on Instagram @wholesomesoybean, comment, and rate the recipe!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 cups arugula or spinach
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 vegan whole wheat tortillas
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Add chickpeas, garlic, salt, and spices. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally till chickpeas are crispy. This should take about 8 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce: add all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Heat tortillas on a bare pan, then fill em’ up with arugula or spinach, sprouts, and the toasted chickpeas. Top it off with sauce.